1. Trial Run -This. This is so important. You've found the perfect dress, shoes, & jewelry. You've decided on your hair & makeup look. Now is the time to see how it all comes together before the big day. Schedule a hair & makeup trial on the day of your portraits to feel your best. That also gives you a chance to see how it will photograph. (Sometimes makeup looks different on camera.) Schedule your bridal portraits before your final dress fitting & you'll have plenty of time to make sure everything comes together just perfectly.
2. Location -Back in the day, bridal portraits were in-studio formal affairs. Today, anything goes, whether it's a more stylized, editorial look or something more natural & spontaneous. Maybe you envision your portraits in a lush garden, fine architectural details, or on top of a mountain. Sometimes your home church may have a non-ideal dressing room (fluorescent lighting, anyone?) or your venue lacks the grand staircase you dreamed of. Having a bridal session at another location provides variety & can show off your personal style. Does your venue already have everything you love? Often your vendor will allow you to shoot bridals there for free!
3. You Can Be Creative - You don't have to limit yourself to just your bouquet and dress for your poses. Incorporate props & pets, a vintage car, a unique backdrop (how about a flower wall?), the options are endless!
4. No Rush- Honestly, your wedding day is going to go by so fast! The wedding day shot list will be extensive so, time is of the essence. A separate bridal session means you can relax and take your time to try multiple poses so you have more options to choose from.
5. Wedding Announcements & the Reception - A popular use for bridal portraits is for display at the reception and for wedding announcements in the paper. Your guests will love oohing and ahhing over your gorgeous portrait session at the guestbook or memory table.
6. Thank You Gifts - After the wedding, gift your fine art canvas or framed bridal portrait to a loved one. They will cherish it always!